With the print installation complete, I’m now in a transitional phase between projects. Most of the time I’m immersed in some large project, so to be between projects is a fairly rare event. I may do some preliminary drawing for my new project, “Falling”, but to me that project won’t really be able to begin until I do my film shoot which is scheduled for Sept. 13. I elected today to work on a small woodcut, just for fun and to see if I wanted to pursue the waders in another print medium.
I haven’t made any woodcuts for several years now, and it was nice and unusual to do something for myself, and not because I have a deadline or a big project. I knew when I was finished that it was just a temporary distraction, and that really I’m ready to move on from this topic.
At the same time, something was still bothering me about the first version of the print installation. I went back today and reassembled it, trying to keep in mind how to make more fluid transitions between the darkest figures. I also removed one of the figures which was noticeably smaller than all of the others, and for this reason was making the scale look odd.