I’m further along with this face than I thought; when I sat down to sculpt today I realized that I was done using my wire loop tool (which I use to block out all of the major forms) and was largely picking at the forms. I spent most of the day’s session with a bristle brush, smoothing out the surface of the forms. I’m itching to cast this piece so I can start experimenting with the fragments that I talked about in my last blog post. I want to make a silicone rubber mold, but since I’m only casting the face area, I think I’ll do a waste mold, and then make the silicone mold from the plaster cast. The silicone mold will allow me to try out a number of different materials and fragments to see what will work.