I finished pouring the last layer of rubber yesterday, so I was able to open the molds and cast this morning. The ceramic clay that I model in is incredibly unflattering as a material as it’s opaque and this ugly shade of grey, so there’s always something wonderful about watching a beautiful wax cast emerge from the mold.
In addition to the three hollow casts, I also tried a solid cast with a wire strung through it to see if I could get it to hang on the wall. I’m going to be hanging eight sculptures in an upcoming show I have in March and I wanted to see if the wax would work with a wire. I also have a shipment of resin coming in soon, so I’ll try some tests with that material as well.