I got to work right away the other night photographing the latest round of beeswax faces. All three of these faces photographed fairly well, so I didn’t have to struggle with the photography like I have had to to in the past with particular faces. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the piece below, as I had struggled the most with the modeling stage and was unsure whether it was going to turn out alright. The only tricky thing I had to be sure of for the two pieces below was that I had to light the faces so that the mouths were full of shadows, if I don’t do that the mouths end up looking like they have no depth.
Today is my last day at RISD, and I won’t be teaching again until the spring semester which starts up in February. I’m looking forward to getting more time in the studio very soon, as well as acquiring more mental space for this project.